- How to install the Monogram Plugin for Unreal Engine
- Building an Unreal Engine profile
- Quick Start profiles
- Build a custom profile
- Advanced: Blueprint & C++ Development tools for Monogram
- Prerequisites and setup
- Monogram + Unreal Engine FAQs
- Compatibility requirements
How to install the Monogram Plugin for Unreal Engine
- Get the Monogram + UE plugin here. You'll be prompted to sign into the UE marketplace and/or open the Epic Games launcher.
- On the plugin page, select "Install to Engine"
- You will be prompted to choose a slot to install the plugin. Please choose your preferred UE version here.
- Launch Unreal Engine and select/create your desired project.
- When prompted, select "Manage Plugins" at the bottom-right corner of the UE Editor. If this doesn't appear, go to Edit > Configuration > Plugins.
- Select Installed > Monogram and enable the Monogram plugin.
- Restart Unreal Engine.
- Open or restart Monogram Creator — you will now see an Unreal Editor icon in the app grid (see illustration below).
After a successful plugin install, the Unreal Editor profile type will appear in Monogram Creator
Building an Unreal Engine profile
Option 1: Use Quick Start profiles
- In Monogram Creator, select the Unreal Editor icon to create a new UE profile (see illustration above).
- When prompted, accept the prompt to view Quick Start profiles. If this doesn't appear, select the Quick Start button at the bottom-center (a square icon with two upwards arrows)
- Choose a profile which corresponds to your desired console and workflow. For example, a Cine Cam profile made for the Studio Console (see illustration below).
Quick Start profiles are available to fit specific consoles and workflows. This is a selection of Studio Console profiles.
Option 2: Build a custom profile
- In Monogram Creator, select the Unreal Editor icon to create a new UE profile.
- If prompted, refuse the prompt to view Quick Start profiles. If this doesn't appear, you will be taken to a blank illustration of your console, showing that it has no assignments yet.
- Select each module in order to see the available assignment presets. Select "Customize" from the left-hand side to access customizations like step (dials), range (sliders), and separate input actions (ie separate Tilt X, Tilt Y, and Turn actions for Orbiter).
Note: To learn more about how Module Assignments work, please see this article.
Customize view offers a greater variety of module assignments compared to Presets view.
Advanced: Unreal Engine SDK
Contained within the Monogram + UE Plugin are the building blocks of the Monogram + Unreal Engine SDK. This SDK allows developers to accommodate very specific use-cases and to integrate with customized Unreal Engine-based environments.
The Monogram + UE Plugin provides a TCP connection to Unreal Engine. From here, developers can build custom integration on top of a subsystem that can be exposed to your choice of Blueprints, C++, or Python scripting.
Prerequisites and setup
- Install Monogram Creator
- Install the Monogram + UE Plugin (instructions above)
- Connect Monogram Creative Console or Palette Gear hardware to your computer
All Monogram + Unreal Engine SDK documentation is contained in the "Unreal Engine Plugin" section of the Monogram Creator SDK, available here.
Monogram + Unreal Engine FAQs
What are the compatibility requirements?
- Unreal Engine 4.25 or 4.26 (4.26 recommended)
- Monogram Creator 4.0 or higher (4.1 recommended)
- macOS or Windows versions as supported by Creator and Unreal Engine
Which should I use—the Unreal Editor integration, or the Unreal Engine SDK?
In short: both the editor integration and the SDK leverage the same plugin, so there is no need to choose before you get started.
Simply download the Monogram plugin from the UE Marketplace. If and when you're ready to build custom controls, see our SDK docs for next steps.
When is macOS support coming?
As of April 2021, the Unreal Engine integration works across both macOS and Windows systems. Please see the Unreal Engine marketplace page to download the latest version.
Can you support [this UE feature]?
We will be adding features and fixes over time. Please contact us with any feature requests you may have.
What do I need to get started?
We strongly recommend using this with Creator version 4.1 or later and Monogram Creative Console and/or Palette Gear hardware.
I need help getting set up!
Please see the installation and profile setup instructions above first, then contact us if anything isn't working.