Failed Firmware Update
Follow these steps if you are experiencing difficulties performing a firmware update.
"Core module not detected. Check USB connection."
- Make sure you're connected directly to a USB port on your computer; don't go through a hub while updating firmware
- If you're on Windows, try running Creator as an administrator
- Try to unplug other USB devices such as MIDI devices, Game controllers, Arduino, or other USB accessories
- We use the standard STM32 USB Bootloader Interface to perform firmware update.
- Other devices (such as Adafruit Feather) may also use this interface and/or install their own drivers for this interface.
- You may need to uninstall alternate STM32 USB Bootloader (also called USB DFU) drivers.
Only perform these steps if "Monogram Core Module" could not be located in your System Report (macOS) or Device Manager (Windows). To learn more, visit [[[hardware not detected]]]
Please note that recovery mode is only applicable to Monogram Core modules. If you are experiencing connection issues with your Palette Core, please follow our troubleshooting guide here.
#1: Unplug your Monogram Core
#2: Take a small rigid item like a paper clip and press and hold the small button next to the USB port (as shown below)
#3: Press and hold the button while reconnecting your USB cable.
#4:Continue holding pressure on the button for 10 seconds after the USB cable has been reconnected, then release.
#5:Open Monogram Creator, go to Help > Monogram Updates, and select “Reinstall Firmware”
If your core is still not recognized following these steps, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to speak with one of our support agents.