Important note: Firmware updates are typically not mandatory, so you may continue to use your Creative Console without updating. Please disconnect and reconnect the USB cable after a failed firmware update in order to resume use of your Creative Console.
If you are using a Palette Gear Core Module and experiencing connection issues, please follow our troubleshooting guide here.
When to use Core Firmware Recovery
In rare situations, it may not be possible to automatically start a firmware update for your Monogram core module. In this case, you can use the core firmware recovery procedure to manually force a firmware update. Please follow the instructions below:
- In Monogram Creator, go to Help > Monogram Updates, and select “Firmware Updates”, then "Firmware Recovery"
- Unplug your Monogram Core
- Take a small rigid item like a paper clip. Press and hold the RESET button next to the USB port (as shown below). You should be able to feel a tactile 'click' feedback when pressing into the RESET button.
- Continue to hold down the RESET button while reconnecting your USB cable. The RESET button must be pressed down continuously while the USB cable is plugged in. This step could be tricky, it may take a few tries.
- Keep holding pressure on the RESET button for another approximately 2 seconds after the USB cable has been fully inserted, then release. Your Monogram Core module should be ready for Firmware Update now.
- In Monogram Creator, click “Reinstall Firmware”. If you are still seeing error messages, please see Firmware Update for details.
Note: The screen will NOT display the Firmware Update icon if you manually enter firmware recovery using the above instructions.
If your core is still not recognized following these steps, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Search Keyword: Recovery Mode, Core Firmware Recovery