Automatic Update (Preferred)
PaletteApp will automatically check for updates upon startup any time your computer is connected to the internet. You'll be prompted to update as soon as a newer version of PaletteApp becomes available. You may also access updates through the Help > Palette Updates menu. Here's how:
- Go to Help > Palette Updates and select "Check for Updates" (see fig. 1, above)
- If an update is available, select "Download"
- Close all Adobe applications before proceeding
- Select "Next" for each prompt; provide your password when prompted
Once you have successfully updated, PaletteApp will restart. You can confirm the new version number by going to Help > Palette Updates as in step 1.
Manual Update/Fresh Re-Install
If the PaletteApp update or uninstall process stops before completion, you can force an update by clearing PaletteApp from your system manually. This clears all previous PaletteApp files from your system and allows you to start fresh. Here's how:
- First, follow these instructions to back up your profiles and clear all temp files from PaletteApp.
- Remove PaletteApp from your system by deleting its Program Files/Applications folders. Your system will have at least one of the following present:
• /Applications/Palette 2
• /Applications/Palette Beta
• C:\Program Files (x86)\Palette 2
• C:\Program Files (x86)\Palette Beta
• C:\Program Files (x86)\PaletteApp
- Re-install fresh from palettegear.com/start or palettegear.com/beta
Re-Enabling Adobe Integrations
In rare cases, you may find that your Adobe integrations do not automatically re-enable during the update process. This usually occurs if they are not closed prior to updating.
Please see this article to re-enable your Adobe integrations.